Rye fIRE Protection District
Thank you for your time and thoroughness with the application process. Please allow 24-48 hours for turnaround time- Rye Fire Protection District
Rye Fire strongly encourages resident to come to the Station in Colorado City, for the first Burn Permit.
Rye Fire Protection District
4495 Bent Brothers Blvd. PO Box 19190
Colorado City, CO 81019
Online Open Burning Permit:
By filling out this questionnaire and clicking submit, I affirm that all damages that occur during the ignition of this fire are my responsibility. I further agree to perform open burning in a safe manner, by following the listed guidelines:
- No burning allowed until specifically authorized by department personnel
- Notification will be made to Pueblo County Sheriff Communications at 583-BURN (583-2876) prior to and immediately following all burning activities on the dates permitted (1102.3.5)
- Open burning of rubbish materials containing paper products is prohibited (1102.3.3)
- Open burning shall only be permitted during daylight hours and when the following atmospheric conditions are present (1102.3.4) (a) Wind speed is less than 10 miles per hour, (b) relative humidity greater than 10%. (c) specific authorization for open burning by Rye Fire Protection District personnel.
- Open burning shall not be conducted within 50 feet of any structure or other combustible material. Conditions that would cause the fire to spread to within 50 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition. (1102.3.6)
- Burning materials shall be constantly monitored by an adult knowledgeable in the use of fire-extinguishing equipment required above, and familiar with the permit limitations which restrict open burning.